We follow up the information and warnings by Republic of Turkey Ministry of Health, Ministry of National Education and the World Health Organization on Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) which rapidly spreads worldwide.
We feel deeply sorry for the compulsory restrictions that the uncertainty caused by the global risk environment has created in our students' lives. As humanity, we are going through a difficult period. We believe that we can overcome this process with the least amount of problems through the support we give to each other and to our environment by staying cool along with the strict measures that we will take both institutionally and personally.
As Hisar School, we will continue to regularly share with you the measures we take, the operation of the planned academic and administrative activities as well as other up-to-date information on this page. For all your questions, information and suggestions about coronavirus, pandemic and the measures taken, you can send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org, which was created to support you.
Please click for Hisar School COVID-19 Health and Safety Guideline which was updated as of February 2021 and has been regularly renewed through new developments and practices.
- Hisar School Science Committee
- Health Safety Committee
- About Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Hisar School Coronavirus Action Plan
- Hisar School Cleaning and Hygiene Practices
- Informative Posters in Campus
- Administrative Regulations
- Counseling Services
- Academic Regulations
- Travels and Events
As part of our hygiene and health studies in COVID-19 pandemic process, Hisar School Science Committee was created to develop suggestions for our School to determine and inspect the protective health policies regarding the students and employees of our School not only within the epidemic/pandemic processes but also in the entire school life.
We believe that the participation and support of specialist physicians in our Science Committee, which is composed of Hisar parents, will transform our School into a safer living space and strengthen us.
Hisar School Science Committee Members
- Spec. Dr. Müge Kardaş, Hisar School School Doctor
- Prof. Dr. Işın Baral Kulaksızoğlu, Istanbul University Faculty of Medicine Department of Psychiatry Department Associate
- Prof. Dr. Sibel Aközer, Anesthesiology and Reanimation Specialist
Prof. Dr. Mustafa Oral Öncül, Istanbul University Faculty of Medicine Department of Infectious Diseases Department Lecturer
- Spec. Dr. Ferhat Hasırcı, Family Physician
- Prof. Dr. Tamer Karşıdağ, General Surgery Specialist
- Dr. Hüseyin Kozanoğlu, İstanbul Provincial Directorate of Health, Vice President of Public Health Services
- Prof. Dr. Ömer Küçükbasmacı, Cerrahpaşa Faculty of Medicine, Head of the Department of Medical Microbiology
- Spec. Dr. Neslihan Sipahier, Pediatric Health and Diseases Specialist
A 'Health Safety Committee' was created at our School to ensure an effective protection and quick intervention during Coronavirus and suchlike epidemic process.
We kindly request you to provide information to email@example.com address, which is created to follow up the process and support you, when necessary, in case of suspicious case description, quarantine, diagnosis and treatment processes related to your family or the people you are in touch with regarding Coronavirus.
Health Safety Commission Members
- Spec. Dr. Müge Kardaş, Hisar School Doctor
- Ezgi Çebi, Preschool Vice Principal
- Hüseyin Çelebi, Primary School Vice Principal
- Füsun Toparlak, Middle School Vice Principal
- Nilüfer Çağın, High-School Vice Principal
- Özlem Ada Ülke, Human Resources Coordinator
- Sedat Çağlayan, Procurement and Supplier Management Representative
- Sinan Türkan, Occupational Health and Safety Expert
Coronaviruses are a family of viruses long-known in the scientific environments. Some of these viruses are only seen in animals. Most of the people contact with these viruses at one point of their lives and go through the disease as upper respiratory tract infection mildly or moderately. However, they can cause severe pictures by leading to serious bronchitis or pneumonia among the risk-group people and in some cases. Especially the young kids, elders, and people with immune system disorder are at risk.
Some of these virus groups caused to SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome) and MERS (Middle East Respiratory Syndrome) diseases and led to epidemic and deaths in the regions they were seen.
2019 Novel Coronavirus Infection (2019-nCoV), which is a species newly defined in December 2019 in Wuhan region of China, has caused to pandemic infections and deaths. Despite the quarantine and travel restrictions implemented for this region to prevent this outbreak to spread around the world, it spread to the whole world in a few days and was declared to be a global pandemic by the World Health Organization on 12 March 2020.
Republic of Turkey Ministry of Health has had a successful period in the prevention of this pandemic and the fight against it since March 11, 2020, when the first case was seen in our country, with the Science Committee established in January. However, since the number of cases started to increase in July 2020, it is very imperative that we continue to carefully follow the prevention measures in our daily life and work environment, as recommended by the Scientific Committee, in order to control the disease and to prevent the number of cases from reaching to a new peak. You can find more detailed information on coronavirus (COVID-19) on the Republic of Turkey Ministry of Health website https://hsgm.saglik.gov.tr/tr/covid19.
The primary protection methods recommended by the Republic of Turkey Ministry of Health and the World Health Organization are as follows:
- Use of Masks: Compliance with the use of masks is an important protection method in preventing the spread of pandemic. It is compulsory for our students, teachers and employees to wear masks at all buildings of the school and in all outdoors, except from sportive activities.
- Physical Distance: Social distancing means avoiding crowded places and collective events, refraining from close contact actions such as shaking hands or hugging, and maintaining the distance between people, especially in closed areas, at a distance of 3-4 steps/2 meters. We recommend that all members of Hisar community adopt the concept of social distance.
- Post-travel Implementation: It is required that students, teachers and employees returning from travel are in home isolation for 7 days before arriving at the campus, and in case of any complaint or suspected COVID-19 contact, they should go through the necessary diagnosis stages and inform the school physician and the relevant assistant principal or the administrator about the issue.
- Hygienic Protection Methods: We recommend paying maximum attention to hygienic protection methods in our living spaces as well as to our personal hygiene.
You can access the detailed information about Coronavirus by clicking the links on Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guide containing the detailed protection methods, Pandemic Management and Study Guide, and Vaccine Information Platform prepared by the Republic of Turkey Ministry of Health.
COVID-19 Filiation Guidelines and Algorithm
While the number of coronavirus cases and contacts continues to increase in our country, face-to-face education process has started gradually in line with the decisions of the Republic of Turkey Ministry of National Education. In this process, it is our priority to protect all individuals within our school from the disease, to direct them to the fastest and most accurate stages of diagnosis and treatment, to minimize the risk of disease transmission within our school, to ensure that contacts are included in the detection, isolation and follow-up processes quickly.
Hisar School Science Committee created a more comprehensive Filiation Algorithm than the official requirements at the meeting on 8 September 2020, considering the 'Contact Tracing, Pandemic Managements, Home Patient Monitoring and Filiation' guidelines prepared by the Republic of Turkey Ministry of Health. In line with this algorithm, it will be ensured that possible COVID-19 cases and contacts which may occur among our students and employees are identified, the diagnosis and treatment processes of the patients are followed, the close contacts are included in the isolation process, and the decision processes for their return to the School will be followed.
The basic point emphasized in the Filiation Algorithm to prevent the spread of pandemic is that our teachers, students and employees limit habitat in their daily routine at the School as much as possible and to reduce their number of close contact.
HIsar SCHOOL FILIATION ALGORITHM
HIsar SCHOOL FILIATION GUIDELINE
Following the 2019-2020 academic year, which ended on Friday, June 26, new regulations have been initiated in addition to the current measures and practices in the new school term which started on Monday, August 31, at our School in line with the Republic of Turkey Ministry of National Education and Hisar School Science Commission guidelines. In our school, weekly, monthly and holiday period cleaning processes and work plans are monitored, evaluated and improved when necessary within the scope of OSH (Occupational Safety and Occupational Health).
Entrance To The School Buildings
- Entrances to the School buildings are from certain Blocks and doors.
- Doormats with special disinfectant are placed to the entrances.
- Continuous temperature/fever measurements are taken through the thermal cameras which operate actively at 16 points in total at the entrances to the School and within the campus.
- Students or teachers with temperature over 37°C will be instantly detected with the alarm implementation.
- People with high fever will be controlled as soon as possible by the infirmary staff with manual thermometers; in the second measuring, the necessary isolation measures will be applied if the temperature is again above 37°C. If the person with a high fever is a student, his/her parents will be contacted as soon as possible, and if our employee, s/he will be directed to a health institution to undergo the necessary examination and treatment stages.
General Hygiene Measures
The detailed cleaning works and the 3-day nano-silver application for disinfection at our school were completed on Wednesday, August 26, 2020 and will be repeated in 3-month periods.
Hand sanitizers are placed at the entrances to the school and in all classrooms, offices, meeting/hobby rooms and washbasins. Regular controls are made to ensure that they are always full.
Cleaning, disinfection and ventilation operations are carried out in school buildings, especially in classrooms and offices, at continuous and regular intervals.
At the end of each break, toilets and floors are disinfected with bleach.
Every 3 hours, all door handles and common areas that are frequently touched are disinfected with spray disinfectants.
Different colored cloths are used on each surface, and the cloths that can be washed at the end of the day are disinfected with sodium hypochlorite or another disinfectant.
Elevator buttons and panels are disinfected every 3 hours during the day. The maximum number of people who can use the elevators at the same time is written and indicated with bookmarks. Our students should not use the elevators.
Air conditioning and ventilation systems in conformity with the Republic of Turkey Ministry of Health guide dated August 12, 2020 were activated at the offices. However, the offices should be ventilated frequently and the windows should always be open, if possible.
Filter maintenance of air conditioning system, fan maintenance of elevators and air conditioning filter maintenance of shuttle vehicles are regularly carried out.
Used masks, face shields, glasses and gloves should be thrown into the 'masks and gloves special waste boxes' which are placed at various points at the School.
Corporate cargos, packages, and documents such as envelopes from outside are sterilized in the sterilization device at the entrance.
It is ensured that staff at the dining hall, shuttles and the employees of security company follow the working and hygiene criteria of the institution through regular training and inspections.
With the training and warnings, it is ensured that the cleaning staff pay attention to their personal hygiene, use of masks and gloves, and the frequency of changing these.
Visitors cannot be accepted at the campus due to the health safety.
It is compulsory that all students and employees wear masks in a way to cover their mouth-nose and follow the social distancing rules within the buildings and open areas at the school.
If it is inconvenient for some students to wear masks in terms of health, they should absolutely wear face shields.
Social distancing of 3-4 steps/2 meters should be ensured especially in closed areas.
Social distancing rules are appropriately marked on the sitting areas at the school entrances, corridors, meeting halls, classrooms, offices, libraries, dining halls, and in the shuttles and the signboards are placed. It is compulsory to act in accordance with these rules.
The inventories and seating plans of all classrooms are organized according to the standards determined by the Republic of Turkey Ministry of Health and Ministry of National Education.
Desks are encircled with plexiglass on three sides.
The maximum number of people allowed in a classroom is written on the door of each classroom.
Informative and warning banners related to the hygiene rules and practices are posted on the boards in all common areas, corridors, classrooms, offices and toilets at the school. These banners are also displayed on the TVs in the School buildings and dining halls.
It is required that all non-compulsory interoffice meetings be made online.
The information regarding the maximum number of people that can stay in one place throughout the closed areas such offices, meeting rooms, and toilets is specified on a post.
Regulations on Infirmary
Our Main Infirmary is separated as 'Students Infirmary' and 'Personnel/Staff Infirmary' with two different entrance and room. Students and staff will be examined and treated in the infirmary areas separately.
Except from emergencies, anyone who refers to the infirmary will be accepted by the infirmary officer at the station in front of the infirmary door and his/her temperature will be measured and first evaluation will be made.
Students or employees who do not need an intervention or treatment at the infirmary will not be accepted to the infirmary in order to minimize infection risk.
Consultation will be made on appointment (with 15-minute intervals) in the infirmary, except from emergencies. For making an appointment, infirmary personnel can be reached by calling 112.
Only one patient will be accepted to the infirmary at one go.
Infirmary personnel always wears protective equipment and follows the disinfection rules while accepting and responding to the patients.
It is compulsory to disinfect hands with hand sanitizers before entering and leaving the infirmary.
Infirmary area should be frequently ventilated.
After each patient, the paper towels on the infirmary beds and stretchers will be disposed and localized disinfection will be made.
Infirmary floor and tabletop cleaning will be done every 3 hours with 10% sodium hypochlorite, frequently contacted surfaces and medical equipment that are not suitable for sodium hypochlorite will be disinfected with appropriate disinfectants every 2 hours/after used.
Medical wastes are stored in a special area in special bags/containers and delivered to the municipality at least once in a week.
Employees who have symptoms such as fever, cough, sneezing, fatigue, loss of taste and smell, diarrhea must not come to school in this case, refer to a health institution on the same day, and report their diagnosis and rest reports to the school physician and the Human Resources Department on the same day.
Regulations on Dining Hall
In our dining hall, meal times have been separately organized in order to be able to apply the physical distance rule among our students, teachers and to provide seating arrangement accordingly.
The spaces between the tables and chairs in the dining hall and canteen are at least 1 meters, with a diagonal seating arrangement.
Our students and employees are expected to wait in the line at 2 meters intervals in the dining hall and eat at the tables/chairs determined in accordance with the distance rule. Indoor and outdoor areas in the high school canteen are also marked according to the social distance rule.
Aprons, bonnets, face shields, masks and gloves are provided to all dining hall employees without exception.
It is ensured that the tabletops and food service areas are cleaned and disinfected after each use.
At the end of the day, detailed cleaning and disinfection is carried out in the dining hall and canteen with bleach and spray.
All vegetables and fruits coming to the dining hall are washed with appropriate systems, and all packages of the foods are cleaned.
Regular water and food sample controls are performed.
In order to minimize the contact during meal queue, the section for taking meal was raised, leaving only enough space for the plates to pass.
The adjacent areas for waiting to receive meal service are separated with plexiglass.
During this period, open water service will not be provided, water will be presented as closed packages. Forks, spoons, knives, napkins and toothpicks are disposable, individually packaged, and salt-pepper will be distributed in disposable small bags.
The open buffet for salads and yoghurt has been removed. Salads, yoghurt and diet menu along with other varieties will be served by the dining hall staff upon request.
Regulations on Shuttles
- Temperature of all of our students and employees is measured with contactless thermometers by the shuttle driver before they get into the shuttle vehicles and the ones with temperature over 37°C will not be accepted to the shuttles.
- Everyone that is confirmed to have temperature over 37°C before getting on the shuttle will be notified to the school infirmary.
- The shuttles are planned separately for students according to their grades.
- The shuttles will operate with a maximum capacity of 10 people.
- In all vehicles, the driver seating area and the personnel seating area are separated by an airtight transparent screen.
- All individuals using the shuttles are required to wear masks during their travels.
- Students and employees can only use their own shuttles, they cannot get on different shuttle buses.
- The shuttle seating plan is followed through the first two people getting on in the morning sitting on the window side in the back row and the next ones sitting on the window side, one after another. This seating plan is fixed on departures and returns, and cannot be changed. Seating plan is placed in the shuttle as diagrams with names and locations.
- Speaking is not allowed unless necessary and food or drink should not be consumed in the shuttles.
- It will be mandatory for all shuttle drivers and hostesses to use masks during the shuttle service.
- Cologne/hand sanitizers will be available for students and employees in the vehicles.
- Daily/weekly/monthly/periodic disinfection will be provided for the shuttles.
- Until otherwise notified, air conditioning will not be used in shuttles, windows will be opened and the vehicles will be ventilated frequently.
Regulations and Practices Between 1 February 2020 - 1 May 2020
- Our school was disinfected with Actosept AF* on 01.02.2020 for precaution reasons. As of 03.02.2020, all common areas were disinfected with Actosept AF every 3 hours.
- The common areas of our school were disinfected with Sodium Hypochlorite at the rate of 1/10 with a wet system at the end of each day and disinfection processes were repeated depending on the need during the day.
- Filter maintenance of all air conditioning systems throughout our school has been made.
- Disinfection process performed through ozonization by using ULV device was repeated periodically throughout our School.
Our classrooms were disinfected after the daily regular cleaning. The classroom floors were disinfected with Sodium Hypochlorite at the rate of 1/10 with a wet system while the tabletops, door handles and window winders were disinfected with Actosept AF.
Classroom door handles, stair railings and all surfaces having contact with hands were disinfected daily with Actosept AF once in every 3 hours, along with all the above mentioned processes.
Our classrooms were frequently ventilated throughout and at the end of the day.
In line with the guidelines of the relevant ministries, the rules to be observed in the campus areas during the pandemic process were transformed into poster works. The posters include not only the general information as a precaution against the virus but also the rules determined on the basis of the places within the campus (classrooms, library, hobby rooms etc.).
There are also informative posters prepared by the Ministry of Health on the campus.
You can view all poster works here.
With the normalization process initiated in our country by making a significant progress in pandemic management thanks to the measures implemented, the remote working period in our school since 21 March 2020 was terminated for administrative activities and Hisar Campus was opened on Monday, June 1, 2020.
During the period when our school is closed, our School Principals and Vice Principals as well as the Office of Admissions, Accounting, Information Technologies, Computer Training departments and other administrative personnel have continued to serve and all administrative and academic activities were carried out without delay, as permitted and stipulated by the official authorities.
Psychological Counseling and Guidance Department carried out special studies to establish a healthy and sustainable communication with students, parents, teachers and employees during the pandemic process. You can find the detailed information about these studies on our Psychological Counseling and Guidance Department Distance Education Program page.
Our Psychological Counseling and Guidance Department also prepares various informative articles to guide both our students and adults on issues such as managing emotions and dealing with anxieties during the current process. You can access the published documents via the links.
Ministry of National Education Special Education and Guidance Services Publications
Preserving Psychological Health During Pandemics:
As per the decision taken by the Republic of Turkey Ministry of National Education, 2020-2021 new academic year started with face-to-face education for Preschool students on Monday, August 31, 2020 and distance education model was implemented for Primary, Middle and High School students. As of Monday, September 21st, Primary School 1st Grade students can receive face-to-face education at the campus on the days determined in line with the guidelines of the Ministry of National Education.
Please click for Hisar School Distance Learning Policy, which is updated regularly.
As per the decision taken by the Republic of Turkey Ministry of National Education on 12 March 2020, the academic regulations started in the period between 16-30 March 2020 and during the distance education as of 30 March 2020 were applied as follows:
i) 16-23 March Week: It is supported that midterm holiday in April is moved to an earlier date, our students sustain their habits as in every midterm holiday, rest, read books and continue their individual activities at home by avoiding crowded areas as much as possible.
ii) 23-29 March Week: The educational activities of our students continued by using our school's content management and video conference platforms.
iii) 30 March-26 June Week: Training and education activities of our students continued through Hisar School Distance Education Program until Friday, June 26th, which was the last education day of 2019-2020 Academic Year.
The platforms used during the distance education process are as follows:
Our students, teachers and all school use G Suite applications.
All materials, contents and instructions of the courses are shared with our students through Google Drive or Google Classroom.
G Suite applications enable our students, teachers and employees work together.
For video conference applications (video talk), Google Meet is used.
Detailed information about our students' weekly distance education schedules and the use of relevant platforms at each school level are regularly communicated; our students are required to follow their own program.
The main resources to be used in the distance education of our students will be EBA provided by the Ministry of National Education as well as Morpa Çocuk ve Kampüs platforms. We would like to share with you the main sources followed in various countries around the world that you can refer to with our students.
Crash Course Kids
Kids Learning Tube
Geek Gurl Diaries
Mike Likes Science
Pursuant to the travel warnings of World Health Organization and the Ministry of Health as well as the letter dated 3 March 2020 and numbered 92176967-952.3.4-E.4653192 of the Ministry of National Education, Directorate General for European Union and External Relations, our school administration decided to cancel all international travels to be made in March, April and May for the safety of our students and teachers in charge as of 6 March 2020.
With circular of the Republic of Turkey Ministry of Health, international travel restrictions to certain countries was removed as of June 2020. However, it is required that students, teachers and employees returning from international or domestic travel are in home isolation for 7 days before arriving at the campus, and in case of any complaint or suspected COVID-19 contact, they should go through the necessary diagnosis stages and inform the school physician and the relevant assistant principal or the administrator about the issue.
The decisions taken in line with the Republic of Turkey Ministry of National Education resolutions, regarding the events in our School in 2019-2020 academic year are listed below.
All high-participation indoor organizations planned to be held at the school have been canceled as of March 11, 2020 until the end of June. This decision covers activities such as national and international teacher trainings, seminars, Book Tree (Kitap Ağacı) events, conferences, concerts, theater performances, sports competitions, trips planned across the country and within the city borders, and domestic university fairs. Indoor organizations will be re-decided according to the circumstances and legal process at the school opening date.
Parents Meeting and Individual Parent Interviews: With the appointment system opened on HisarNet on March 23, 2020, all of our parents meetings were held online as of March 30, 2020.
Middle-Class Transition Exam: The exams for transition to middle-classes planned to be made on 21 March 2020 were postponed to 13-14 June 2020 and were performed online.
Hisar Academy: It was decided that classes planned are not given as of 14 March 2020 until the end of June, which is the end-of-term, at Hisar Academy.
23 April & 19 May Ceremonies: Official ceremonies that we held together with the attendance of parents were celebrated with various events organized through online platforms.
Event planning for the new academic year 2020-2021 is shaped under the decisions of the Republic of Turkey Ministry of Health and Ministry of National Education. According to this, events such as collective ceremony, seminar, conference in indoor areas etc. are organized online.
- Shuttle hostesses and drivers, private drivers, other auxiliary staff will not be able to enter the School buildings as of 01.06.2020, within the scope of health and safety conditions.
- No visitors are accepted to our School. All interviews are encouraged to be made online.
- We would like to remind you that personal cargos from outside are not accepted to our campus. Shipments such as flowers and food orders will not be accepted to the campus during this period. Cargos, packages, and documents such as envelopes sent to the institution from outside are sterilized in the sterilization device at the entrance.
The Ministry of Education and Provincial Ministry of Education Notices
- Milli Eğitim Bakanlığı Avrupa Birliği ve Dış İlişkiler Genel Müdürlüğü’nün 3 Mart 2020 tarih ve 92176967-952.3.4-E.4653192 Sayılı Yazısı: Yurt Dışı Görevlendirme
- T.C. Eyüpsultan Kaymakamlığı İlçe Millî Eğitim Müdürlüğü'nün 12 Mart 2020 tarih ve 94805359-299-E.5382543 Sayılı Yazısı: Tüm Programların İptali Hakkında