Psychological Counseling and Guidance
Hisar School offers a comprehensive and accountable counseling program designed to meet the academic, and personal/social needs of each student and provide the following services:
- individual counseling and group counseling
- reviewing academic data to identify students in need of development and academic assistance
- curriculum tailored to grade level and specific needs including but not limited to: communication skills and time management, emotion regulation, study skills, goal setting, bullying prevention, addictions and prevention, conflict resolution, academic skills, violence prevention, health and hygiene.
- career development, awareness and vocational guidance
- responsive services through individual and/or group counseling, peer cooperation, and referrals to outside mental health professionals
- class guidance and counseling activities
- orientation programs
- getting to know students through tests, inventories and observation
- character education
- individual parent meetings and collaboration
- grade-level parent meetings, workshops and informational sessions throughout the divisions, focusing primarily on development and parenting to address needs and reflect the counseling approach
- provide support groups for students with specific needs
- teach and/or team with teachers with materials and classroom activities to provide access to the standards and competencies
- provide school counseling information via school newsletter, bulletin board, blog, and/or website
Hisar School Guidance and Psychological Counseling Department works with students from Kindergarten to 12th grade based on the principles of confidentiality and trust. All issues with students are handled unconditionally and without any prejudice in the Counseling Department. Through open and honest communication, the Counseling Department encourages students to share their concerns not only on problem areas but also on any area of their lives and thus the message that ‘The Counseling Department is a place where life is shared’ is conveyed.
There are 15 bilingual professionals at Hisar School’s Guidance and Psychological Counseling Department where they work through interdisciplinary collaboration. All information about student development is shared between the levels on the basis of ethical standards to be able to follow up the developmental progress. One of our main areas of responsibility is to support student learning at K-12 levels by teaching study skills, guiding their learning and supporting student development through creating individual educational plans.
Our primary goal is to reach each and every student throughout the year. With the awareness that family is the root of all basic values and habits, we believe that it is crucial to involve families in the system, getting to know and support them as well as guide them on the basis of student benefit.
- Sometimes You Just Feel Tired
- A Natural Way of Healing for Children: Art
- Social-Emotional Learning
- Developing Self-Control Skill
- We Turn Back Home, Again
- New Normal, New Order
- Healthy Eating
- The Capacity to Be Alone
- Being Resilient
- Personal Boundaries
- What is Success?
- Social Anxiety
- Solution Oriented Communication
- Life Skills
- Responsibility in Children
- Game and Parent
- Media Usage
- Thinking Skills
- Summer Holiday Approaching
Work Conducted Based on Academic Year
Academic Year Based Studies
You can find information about the studies carried out by our Guidance Department in 2020-21 Academic Year in this section. Read more.
Mission, Vision and Values
The aim of our Psychological Counseling and Guidance Department is to implement an inclusive and responsible school psychological counseling program for all Hisar students. Read more...